U-Haul is a popular rental company that provides various trailers for all kinds of moving needs. With over 21,000 locations across the United States and Canada, U-Haul has become a household name for people who are planning to move or transport large items. In this article, we will discuss the prices and sizes of U-Haul trailers.
Types of U-Haul Trailers
U-Haul offers different types of trailers to cater to different moving needs. The most common types of U-Haul trailers are cargo trailers, utility trailers, and car trailers. Cargo trailers are perfect for moving furniture, appliances, and other large items. Utility trailers are ideal for transporting landscaping equipment, ATVs, and motorcycles. Car trailers are designed to transport cars, SUVs, and trucks.
U-Haul Trailer Sizes
U-Haul trailers come in different sizes to accommodate various moving needs. The smallest trailer is 4′ x 8′, which is perfect for transporting small items such as boxes and suitcases. The largest trailer is 6′ x 12′, which is suitable for moving furniture, appliances, and other large items.
Here are the different sizes of U-Haul trailers:
- 4′ x 8′
- 5′ x 8′
- 5′ x 9′
- 6′ x 12′
U-Haul Trailer Prices
The cost of renting a U-Haul trailer depends on the size of the trailer, the duration of the rental, and the location of the rental. The prices also vary depending on whether you are renting a cargo trailer, utility trailer, or car trailer.
Here are the estimated U-Haul trailer prices:
- 4′ x 8′ Cargo Trailer – $19.95 per day
- 5′ x 8′ Cargo Trailer – $19.95 per day
- 5′ x 9′ Utility Trailer – $19.95 per day
- 6′ x 12′ Cargo Trailer – $29.95 per day
- 6′ x 12′ Utility Trailer – $29.95 per day
- Auto Transport – $54.95 per day
Note that these are estimated prices and may vary depending on your location and rental duration. U-Haul also offers discounts for military personnel, students, and AAA members.
U-Haul Trailer Rental Tips
If you are planning to rent a U-Haul trailer, here are some tips that can help you:
- Make a reservation ahead of time to ensure that the trailer you need is available.
- Check the towing capacity of your vehicle before renting a trailer.
- Inspect the trailer before renting it and note any damages or issues.
- Secure your items properly inside the trailer to prevent damage during transit.
- Drive cautiously and avoid sudden stops or turns when towing a trailer.
U-Haul trailers are a convenient and affordable way to transport your belongings during a move. With various sizes and types of trailers available, you can choose the one that best fits your needs. By following the tips above, you can ensure a safe and successful rental experience with U-Haul.