Swift OTR (Over The Road) driving is a popular career choice for many people in the United States. It involves driving long distances across the country, transporting goods from one place to another. If you’re considering a career in Swift OTR driving, you’re probably wondering how much you can expect to earn. In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about Swift OTR salaries.
What is Swift OTR Driving?
Swift OTR driving is a type of truck driving that involves driving across the country to deliver goods. This can include driving long distances, sometimes for days at a time, and staying overnight in a truck. Swift OTR drivers are responsible for making sure their cargo arrives at its destination safely and on time.
What is the Average Salary for Swift OTR Drivers?
The average salary for Swift OTR drivers varies depending on a number of factors, including experience, location, and the type of cargo being transported. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Swift OTR driver is around $55,000 per year. However, some drivers can earn as much as $80,000 per year.
Factors That Affect Swift OTR Salaries
There are several factors that can affect how much a Swift OTR driver earns. These include:
- Experience – As with any job, more experience generally means a higher salary.
- Location – Salaries can vary from state to state and even from city to city.
- Type of cargo – Some types of cargo may pay more than others.
- Company – Different trucking companies may offer different salaries and benefits.
Benefits for Swift OTR Drivers
Swift OTR driving can offer several benefits for drivers. These can include:
- Flexible schedule – Many Swift OTR drivers have a flexible schedule, allowing them to spend more time with their families or pursue other interests.
- Travel opportunities – Swift OTR driving can offer the opportunity to travel across the country and see new places.
- Good pay – While salaries can vary, many Swift OTR drivers earn a good living.
- Bonuses and incentives – Some trucking companies offer bonuses and incentives for drivers who meet certain goals or milestones.
What is the Job Outlook for Swift OTR Drivers?
The job outlook for Swift OTR drivers is positive. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (which includes Swift OTR drivers) is projected to grow 2 percent from 2019 to 2029, which is about as fast as the average for all occupations. This means that there should continue to be plenty of job opportunities for Swift OTR drivers in the coming years.
How to Become a Swift OTR Driver
If you’re interested in becoming a Swift OTR driver, there are several steps you’ll need to take. These include:
- Obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) – This is required to drive commercial vehicles like those used in Swift OTR driving.
- Complete a training program – Many trucking companies require that new drivers complete a training program before they can start driving.
- Find a job – Once you have your CDL and have completed a training program, you’ll need to find a job with a trucking company that offers Swift OTR driving opportunities.
Swift OTR driving can be a rewarding career choice for those who enjoy driving and are willing to spend long hours on the road. While salaries can vary, many Swift OTR drivers earn a good living and enjoy benefits like a flexible schedule and travel opportunities. If you’re interested in becoming a Swift OTR driver, be sure to obtain your CDL, complete a training program, and find a job with a reputable trucking company.